Friday, June 25, 2010

El Charro Cafe - Rancho Sahuarita- Have you been yet?

We took my Dad to lunch recently at the new El Charro Cafe. We loved it. It is beautifully decorated and the food was fantastic! I had the shrimp tacos and they were delicious! My husband had the beef combination plate and loved his meal too. My Dad had a chicken salad and it came with a very generous portion of grilled seasoned chicken. (Honestly, who orders a chicken salad at a Mexican restaurant?:) )The staff was very helpful and friendly. When I walked in they offered me a glass of water with lemon while I waited for the rest of my party. Our waitress was very attentive and made sure we always had what we needed. The patio looks like it will be a happening spot once it cools down a bit. The prices start at $7.95 and go up to about $14.95.
We can't wait to try the Sunday Brunch.  It's $10.95 for adults and only $2.95 for kids.
They offer a happy hour daily from 3p-6p with deals on food/drinks. They feature live music on the weekends.
The children's menu offers grilled chicken strips, grilled cheese torta, beef taco, beef nachos, bean burro, quesadilla, or chicken nuggets. It also includes rice, beans, (or fruit or french fries for a $1 more) and a drink for only  $3.95.  Root beer floats and churros are available for dessert.
El Charro is a partner with Tucson Value's Teachers. Teachers can present their TVT card or proof of employment on Tuesdays for 2 for 1 entrees.
We can't wait to go back and try it again!

3 comments:

  1. Heather, kids meals are only $2, I think between the hours of 4-6pm. Cheaper than a Happy Meal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The manager told us that was for a limited time and will be going away soon. So hurry up there everyone and get in on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies,
    I'm not sure if you are still blogging but I am new to Rancho Sahuarita and I'm trying to start a new mom's group. It is modeled after an amazing mom's group that I was part of in Denver.

    "Rancho Sahuarita Mommies" is a free online group to share parenting information, make contacts, ask questions, post business reviews, and offer classified postings. It is for local moms seeking parenting support and community contacts. Join today and start meeting local moms. The more moms join, the better the group will be so please help me to get this going! Thanks so much!
    https://www.bigtent.com/groups/rsmommies
    BTW...I love El Charro!!

    ReplyDelete